I have been trying to make it a priority to get a certain amount of sewing done each day. Unfortunately, some of my sewing skills are quite rustic .. it not entirely non existant. So I see all these awesome things to make and I save their patterns not really realising just how difficult some of these are going to be.
For todays project I went back to the basics. Here is a sewn together storage cube. I found this adorable Storage Cubes tutorial over at Crazy Mom Quilts and I just couldn't wait to give it a whirl.
Here's what mine looks like:
I'm so pleased. It was so easy to do. I can see a whole range of these in my future! They make the perfect place to dump keepable fabric scraps!
Whilst we are on the subject of sewing, I had another quilting lesson yesterday. Whilst I was there they showed me how to trim up my blocks, and to calculate the amount of borders and sashing fabrics required and the best methods to cut them up. I cut up all of the fabrics required to get my quilt to an *almost* completely finished quilt top (Note I said "top". Until I get my new machine later in the year I won't be able to finish the actual 'quilting' of this one because I am going to make it large enough for Jaelyns bed so it will be a queen sized quilt and it won't fit in the neck of my tiny brother machine :( - And OMG! OW! I just kicked my toe again whilst writing this!).
I have one more inch thick border of the green and then the top is pretty much done. Here's what I have so far:
And on that note .. I'm off to find something else to stitch .. I have two lots of fabric all cut and ready to go so far!